Overseas buyers can feel confident secure a home or investment property in Sydney using the local professionals.
Overseas buyers need someone on the ground, with up to date knowledge of what is happening in the market and that is where Homesearch Solutions comes in. We have helped numerous expats and overseas buyers purchase quality property in Sydney over the last 20 years.
Australian expatriates returning to Australia from overseas postings, and those looking to buy investment properties, will find our services of particular importance and assistance. We also help immigrants to locate their new homes, and give advice on Sydney’s best suburbs for a variety of budgets and lifestyle requirements.
Homesearch Solutions has acted on behalf of buyers of Sydney property from many parts of the world, particularly from the following major financial capitals:
Our services and systems for remote buyers are similar to those for locals (See Services and Fees), although also includes the following :
- Where the purchase is “sight-unseen” by the buyer, arrangements can be made with buyers’ family/associates to inspect for second opinions
- Homesearch Solutions will fully brief you on the laws and procedures for purchasing real estate in Australia
- Arrange powers of attorney for signing of the contract of sale, and deposit cheque collection at a Sydney bank or transfers to a bank trust account
- We will submit Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) applications on your behalf (if required)
Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) Restrictions
If you are an Australian citizen, or a foreign national holding a permanent residence visa, there are no restrictions on purchasing real estate in Australia.
You are entitled to purchase selected real estate in Australia if you hold a temporary residence visa or have a student visa. All applications to purchase Australian real estate must be submitted to the FIRB for their approval before a purchase is permitted.
Temporary residents and students will be required to sell established property purchased when leaving Australia and are unable to rent out the property during ownership.
Non Visa Holders
Foreign interests are normally given approval to buy in the following 2 categories:
- New dwelling(s) from a developer, where the developer has pre-approval to sell those dwellings to foreign persons and has provided you a copy of the pre-approval notice
- Vacant residential land – construction of dwellings must be completed within 4 years from the date of approval.
Refer to the FIRB website for detailed information www.firb.gov.au
More information : Buying property in Australia
Please let us know if you have any further enquiries or concerns regarding your eligibility to purchase in Australia.